"Yeah, Your Life Just Got Better!"
If you've been enjoying the podcast, a great way to ensure more and better content is through becoming a supporter! Find out how you can be a supporter by clicking here!
- 10/26/2021 - Episode 1: The Grumpy Collector Podcast Intro & Exploring Grand Seiko Watches
Best Grand Seiko Related Websites:
- 11/2/2021 - Episode 2: How to Succeed in Coffee Mugs Without Really Trying
Battle Royale Mug Contenders:
- 11/9/2021 - Episode 3: Going Once, Going Twice, SOLD! - 2021 Geneva Fall Watch Auction Review
Best darn watch newsletter in the land, Rescapement by Tony and friends.
Fall Auction House Watch Auctions:
- 11/17/2021 - Episode 4: Like a Rolling Stone, an Exciting Hobby Gathers No Moss - All About the World of Collecting Rocks & Minerals
- 11/24/2021 - Episode 5: Hidden Gems: Modern-Day Limited Edition Jaeger-LeCoultre Watches
This week's episode is a visual episode for those who listen/watch via Spotify. For those who listen to the podcast using other streaming services, follow along with the below presentation (PDF format).
- 12/16/2021 - Episode 6: EDC, It's Easy As ABC - Let's Explore the World of Everyday Carry
This episode is all about Everyday Carry, aka EDC. The idea and ethos as well as the community that's grown up around EDC is all based on curating and being mindful of the tools, gear, and gadgets we interact with and use every day. In this episode, we'll cover some of the various categories of gear that falls into the EDC world (such as bottle openers, flashlights, pens, wallets, etc) as well as review of the better and lesser-known makers who are creating some amazing creations today that are affordable and accessible.
- Source for paracord: https://www.paracordplanet.com
- Fuzzyedge Design Lanyard Beads: https://www.facebook.com/fuzzyedge/
- Titanium Flashlight, Fenix E99: Amazon
- INKA Write Anywhere Titanium Pen: Amazon
- Maker, Jordan Metal Art, "Infected" Trover Titanium Bottle Opener: http://www.jordanmetalart.com/2016/11/infected-trover-tool-sus.html
- Maker, Jordan Metal Art's 1" Bronze Scale Cube: http://www.jordanmetalart.com/2017/10/one-inch-bronze-scale-cube-sus.html
- Maker, Peter Atwood's website: Planet Pocket Tool
- Fox Hanx: https://foxhanx.com/
- Cantonment's Kerchief: https://cantonment.com/
- Brad Blount JBB Bat Bottle Opener: https://www.knifehunter.com/shop/edc-gear/jbb-baseball-bat-bottle-opener-brad-blount/
- Steel Flame/Burnley Cypop Ringspin: https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/advanced-search/?keyword=Cypop+Ring+Spin
- Maker, Bullaculla Tritium Bottle Openers: https://bullaculla.bigcartel.com/
- Maker, Ben Krein, Worry Stones: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=6469148203111463&set=gm.4482813088417577
- Zach Woods Church Key: https://www.knifejoy.com/products/zach-wood-custom-tools-2020-strike-plate-ck1-titanium-upgrayedd-church-key-pry-bar
- Starlingear 4 in 1 Church Key: https://www.monkeyedge.com/Starlingear-Professor-Mavericks-4-in-1-Church-Key-p/sg2869-sj1839.htm
- Maker, Lucas Burnley (BRNLY): https://brnly.com/collections/gear
- Maker, Zach Woods: https://zwoodknives.com/tools/
- Maker, Jesper Voxnaes' Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/816960085036998
- Maker, Anso of Denmark: https://anso-of-denmark.com/collections/accessories
- Maker, Koch Tools: https://www.kochtools.com/
- Maker, GambleMade: https://www.gamblemade.com/
- EDC Addicts Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EDCADDICTS
- EDC Retailer, Urban EDC Supply: https://urbanedcsupply.com/
- EDC Retailer, Knife Joyhttps://www.knifejoy.com/collections/everyday-carry-tools?gf_271335=1
- EDC Retailer, Arizona Custom Knives: https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/advanced-search/?page=1&availability=1&price[min]=$0&price[max]=$50,000&gears=122&limit=15&sortBy=relevance
- 1/2/2022 - Episode 7: 2021 Year End Review - State of the Watch Collection (SOTC)!
In this episode we do a deep dive into the Grump's watch collection, what did it look like like at the beginning of 2021, what came and went throughout the year, and what moves are planned in 2022.
- 1/19/2022 - Episode 8: Our First Interview... Meet Olivia Briggs! Watch, fountain pen, custom keyboard collector extraordinaire!
On this week's super-sized episode we have our first interview! I first heard of Olivia Briggs through Grand Seiko's GS9 Club's newsletter. We talk about just a few of the things she collects and is passionate about... There's a lot of watch talk (we go deep into Grand Seiko) but we also talk about Japanese lacquer, the idea of intentionality, fountain pens, the food and coffee scene in New York City, and her love for custom keyboards and keycap sets. She's even designed some of her own custom keycap sets under the moniker, Olivia++.